The Cisco certification is an internationally recognised industry-standard qualification for anyone in an IT and networking role, held by more than half a million people worldwide.
This online course will teach you a wide range of topics, such as routing and switching, security, wireless networking, and even some programming concepts.
You are required to pass one exam covering the following content:
- Network Fundamentals – routers, switches, cabling, TCP and UDP, IPv4 and IPv6
- IP Connectivity – IP routing, OSPFv2
- IP Services – NTP, DHCP, QoS, SNMP
- Security Fundamentals – VPNs, wireless security, port security
- Network Access – VLANs and trunking, EtherChannel
- Automation and Programmability – REST APIs, Puppet, Chef, JSON, SDN
Practice exercises and quizzes
A certification exam voucher
Prerequisites & Requirements
We recommend that students first complete one or more of the following (available on eCollege):
- CompTIA A+ course
- CompTIA Network+ course
There are no formal requirements for taking the new exam, however, these are the recommendations from Cisco:
- Have an understanding of all exam topics
- One or more years of experience with computer networking and Cisco equipment
- Good grasps of network fundamentals
If you have an ambition to further your career in computing, or you have an interest in computer networks, this course will suit you.
- All students should have access to a PC or laptop running a supported version of Windows (e.g Windows 10). Apple/Android devices are not supported and cannot be used for this course.
- A broadband connection is essential to stream video content.
You will need:
- Packet Tracer V7
- A web browser to view the content and access web platforms.
As this is an industry standard accreditation, a certification may lead to opportunities with many of the world’s biggest IT companies. When you receive your Cisco Certified Network Associate certification you can confidently apply for roles such as junior security analyst, security engineer or architect, CISO/CSO, systems administrator or systems engineer.
When you complete this course, eCollege recommends further study by enrolling in (not currently available on eCollege):
- Cisco DevNet
- Cisco CyberOps
Course Code: NC 11859
Is this course for you?
There are multiple ways to apply for this course, please check out the different options below.
At the moment, Solas has made eCollege courses available to the public. You can apply for the course using the button below.
If you are currently unemployed, you will find the contact details for your local Intreo office by using the button below. An Intreo officer will be able to guide you through your application.
Skills To Advance aims to equip employees with the skills to progress in their current job, or to take advantage of new job opportunities.