The Cisco certification is an internationally recognised industry-standard qualification for anyone in an IT and networking role, held by more than half a million people worldwide.
This online course will teach you a wide range of topics, such as routing and switching, security, wireless networking, and even some programming concepts.
You are required to pass one exam covering the following content:
- Network Fundamentals – routers, switches, cabling, TCP and UDP, IPv4 and IPv6
- IP Connectivity – IP routing, OSPFv2
- IP Services – NTP, DHCP, QoS, SNMP
- Security Fundamentals – VPNs, wireless security, port security
- Network Access – VLANs and trunking, EtherChannel
- Automation and Programmability – REST APIs, Puppet, Chef, JSON, SDN
Practice exercises and quizzes
A certification exam voucher
Prerequisites & Requirements
As this is an industry standard accreditation, a certification may lead to opportunities with many of the world’s biggest IT companies. When you receive your Cisco Certified Network Associate certification you can confidently apply for roles such as junior security analyst, security engineer or architect, CISO/CSO, systems administrator or systems engineer.
When you complete this course, eCollege recommends further study by enrolling in (not currently available on eCollege):
- Cisco DevNet
- Cisco CyberOps
Course Code: NC 11859 – Cisco Certified Network Associate
There are multiple ways to apply for this course, please check out the different options below.