The CompTIA IT Fundamentals (ITF+) is an introduction to basic IT knowledge concepts and skills that helps learners decide if a career in IT is right for them. It also helps organisations prepare non-technical teams for digital transformation.
The skills introduced within the course touch upon many areas including, Operating Systems Configuration, Cybersecurity, Virtualization, Networking, and IT Systems Hardware, also including an Introduction to the hugely varied area of Computer Coding and Databases.
You are required to pass one exam covering the following content:
- IT concepts and Terminology: Illustrate the basics of computing and processing
- Infrastructure: Explain the purpose of common internal computing components and basic networking concepts
- Applications and Software: Explain the purpose and proper use of software and methods of application architecture
- Software Development: Compare and contrast programming language categories
- Database Fundamentals: Explain database concepts and the purpose of a database
- Security: Explain methods to secure devices and best practices
Practice exercises and quizzes
A certification exam voucher
Prerequisites & Requirements
The course is an excellent starting point for learners interested in pursuing further professional-level IT certifications, such as A+, Network+ and Security+ and other CompTIA certifications. This will also allow successful learners follow other certification pathways to Computer Programming, Systems Analysts and Database Specialist roles.
These certifications can lead to a wide variety of roles in IT, ranging from Technical Support, Network Engineering/Administration, Cybersecurity and Back Office support of IT Systems and many others.
When you complete this course, eCollege recommends further study by enrolling in the following:
- CompTIA A +
- CompTIA Network +
- CompTIA Security +
Ref number: 442578 – CompTIA IT Fundamentals
There are multiple ways to apply for this course, please check out the different options below.