The CompTIA IT Fundamentals (ITF+) is an introduction to basic IT knowledge concepts and skills that helps learners decide if a career in IT is right for them. It also helps organisations prepare non-technical teams for digital transformation.
The skills introduced within the course touch upon many areas including, Operating Systems Configuration, Cybersecurity, Virtualization, Networking, and IT Systems Hardware, also including an Introduction to the hugely varied area of Computer Coding and Databases.
You are required to pass one exam covering the following content:
- IT concepts and Terminology: Illustrate the basics of computing and processing
- Infrastructure: Explain the purpose of common internal computing components and basic networking concepts
- Applications and Software: Explain the purpose and proper use of software and methods of application architecture
- Software Development: Compare and contrast programming language categories
- Database Fundamentals: Explain database concepts and the purpose of a database
- Security: Explain methods to secure devices and best practices
Practice exercises and quizzes
A certification exam voucher
Prerequisites & Requirements
There are no mandatory requirements, but we expect prospective students to have a high level of computer literacy, along with basic maths and a high aptitude for logical thinking and problem solving.
If you already have a strong interest in computers and you would like to build stronger foundations in an IT career, this course is for you.
All students should have access to a PC or laptop running a supported version of Windows (e.g Windows 10). (Students running the Apple Mac OS and or Linux/Android devices may find some of the course content unavailable depending on the version of the Software OS being used).
In order to take a Home Proctored Exam from PearsonVue, students should note the following:
- Operating system: Windows 10, Windows 8.1 (32-bit and 64-bit), and Mac OS 10.13 and above (excluding beta versions). Note: Windows Operating Systems must pass Genuine Windows Validation.
- Windows Vista, Windows XP and Windows 7 are strictly prohibited for exam delivery
- All Linux/Unix based Operating Systems are strictly prohibited.
- The Android OS is not supported for the Home Exam experience
You only require a web browser to view the content and access web platforms.
The course is an excellent starting point for learners interested in pursuing further professional-level IT certifications, such as A+, Network+ and Security+ and other CompTIA certifications. This will also allow successful learners follow other certification pathways to Computer Programming, Systems Analysts and Database Specialist roles.
These certifications can lead to a wide variety of roles in IT, ranging from Technical Support, Network Engineering/Administration, Cybersecurity and Back Office support of IT Systems and many others.
When you complete this course, eCollege recommends further study by enrolling in the following:
- CompTIA A +
- CompTIA Network +
- CompTIA Security +
Course Code: NC 12650 – CompTIA IT Fundamentals
There are multiple ways to apply for this course, please check out the different options below.
FETCH is the further education and training course finder. To apply for this course use the button below.
If you are currently unemployed, you will find the contact details for your local Intreo office by using the button below. An Intreo officer will be able to guide you through your application.
Skills to Advance is the further education and training initiative for people in employment.