The CompTIA Network+ certification is an internationally recognised industry standard qualification for IT and networking technicians, held by more than half a million people worldwide.
This online course will teach you the essential skills needed to confidently configure and manage common wireless and wired network devices. You will learn the fundamentals of basic network design and connectivity; understand and maintain network documentation; identify network limitations and weaknesses, and implement network security, standards and protocols.
This vendor-neutral certification will also raise your understanding of emerging technologies within the IT sector, such as innovations in unified communications and mobile, cloud and virtualisation technologies.
CompTIA Network+ has been updated in line with the continued development of networking technologies with expanded coverage of several domains, by adding:
- Critical security concepts to help networking professionals work with security practitioners
- Key cloud computing best practices and typical service models
- Coverage of newer hardware and virtualisation techniques
- Concepts to give individuals the combination of skills to keep the network resilient
You are required to pass one exam covering the following content:
- Designing and implementing functional networks
- Configuring, managing and maintaining essential network devices
- Using devices such as switches and routers to segment network traffic and create resilient networks
- Identifying benefits and drawbacks of existing network configurations
- Implementing network security, standards, and protocols
- Troubleshooting network problems
- Supporting the creation of virtualised networks
Practice exercises and quizzes
A certification exam voucher
Prerequisites & Requirements
The CompTIA A+ certification or equivalent knowledge is recommended, or at least nine to 12 months of work experience in IT networking. Other recommended skills include:
- A high level of computer literacy
- Logical thinking and strong problem solving
- A strong interest in computer networking
If you wish to enter or develop a career as a computer technician, or you have an interest in networking and security, this course will suit you.
- All students should have access to a PC or laptop running a supported version of Windows (e.g Windows 10) or macOS (e.g Mojave 10.14).
- Apple/Android devices (Smart Phone/Tablets) are not supported and cannot be used for this course.
- A broadband connection is essential to stream video content.
You only require a web browser to view the content and access web platforms.
As this is an industry standard accreditation, a certification may lead to opportunities with many of the world’s biggest IT companies. When you receive your CompTIA Network+ certification you can confidently apply for roles such as junior PC network technician, junior network administrator and help desk technician.
When you complete this course, eCollege recommends further study by enrolling in:
Course Code: NC12406
Is this course for you?
There are multiple ways to apply for this course, please check out the different options below.
At the moment, Solas has made eCollege courses available to the public. You can apply for the course using the button below.
If you are currently unemployed, you will find the contact details for your local Intreo office by using the button below. An Intreo officer will be able to guide you through your application.
Skills To Advance aims to equip employees with the skills to progress in their current job, or to take advantage of new job opportunities.