The CompTIA A+ certification is an internationally recognised industry standard qualification for computer support technicians, held by more than a million people worldwide.
This online course can open up a career as an IT technician through your practical training in installing, configuring, optimising, repairing and upgrading PCs, digital devices, and operating systems. You will be suited for work in an IT department, a retail computer environment or conducting home repairs.
This is a vendor-neutral certification, and the Core Series requires you to pass two exams: Core 1 (220-1001) and Core 2 (220-1002), which cover the following content:
- Demonstrating baseline security skills for IT support professionals
- Configuring device operating systems, including Windows, Mac, Linux, Chrome OS, Android and iOS, and administering client-based as well as cloud-based (SaaS) software
- Troubleshooting and problem solving core service and support challenges while applying best practices for documentation, change management, and scripting
- Supporting basic IT infrastructure and networking
- Configuring and supporting PC, mobile and IoT device hardware
Implementing basic data backup and recovery methods and applying data storage and management best practices
Prerequisites & Requirements
All students should have access to a PC or laptop running Windows or AppleOS.
A broadband connection is essential to stream video content.
As this is an industry standard accreditation, a certification may lead to opportunities with many of the world’s biggest IT companies. When you receive your CompTIA Security+ certification you can confidently apply for roles such as IT support specialist, desktop support analyst, data support technician, and many others.
When you complete this course, eCollege recommends further study by enrolling in the following:
- CompTIA Network +
- CompTIA Security +
Is this course for you?
Find out how to apply by tapping the button below.