The International Computer Driving Licence (ICDL) is the most widely recognised all-round computer certification in the world, and eCollege provides training for students to join the millions of people to achieve this respected accreditation.
Users will be able to become fully competent in the common applications that help improve their professional and personal lives. Computer literacy is a fundamental skill, whether you are seeking employment or you wish to improve your understanding of digital technology. The practical, up-to-date ICDL programme provides an internationally respected skillset and the confidence to thrive in the digital world.
Read more about the certification.
Practice exercises and quizzes
A certification exam voucher
Prerequisites & Requirements
- Leaving Certificate or equivalent, fluency in the English language and intermediate computer literacy level are required.
- You will be required to complete and pass a basic IT Literacy entry quiz at the start of the course, if you do not pass the quiz you will not be able to continue with the programme.
If you wish to learn essential IT skills and expand your knowledge of digital technology, this course is for you.
- All students should have access to a PC or laptop running a supported version of Windows (e.g Windows 10).
- Apple/Android devices are not supported and cannot be used for this course.
- Google Chromebooks are not supported and cannot be used for this course
- A broadband connection is essential to stream video content.
- Windows 10 running in S mode is not supported. Read more about S Mode.
You require a web browser to view content and access web platforms. You will receive an Office 365 licence to use for the duration of the course.
Computer literacy is a fundamental skill and an asset in virtually any modern workplace. The official ICDL certificate opens up many opportunities in a wide range of industries.
If you attain the ICDL and wish to further your IT training, eCollege provides advanced courses such as the Microsoft Office Specialist awards.
Course Code: NC 09857 – ICDL
Is this course for you?
There are multiple ways to apply for this course, please check out the different options below.
At the moment, Solas has made eCollege courses available to the public. You can apply for the course using the button below.
If you are currently unemployed, you will find the contact details for your local Intreo office by using the button below. An Intreo officer will be able to guide you through your application.
Skills To Advance aims to equip employees with the skills to progress in their current job, or to take advantage of new job opportunities.