This online course will give you a deeper insight into desktop publishing by teaching you the essential features of Adobe InDesign — the leading industry software application for print and digital page layout.
After becoming proficient in using many of InDesign’s powerful tools, you will know how to create elegant and visually striking flyers, brochures, posters and magazine and newspaper pages. You will learn these skills in tandem with excellent design practice, as well as a foundation in setting project requirements, and exporting and archiving page layouts.
Practice exercises and quizzes
A certification exam voucher
For privacy reasons Vimeo needs your permission to be loaded.I Accept
Prerequisites & Requirements
There are no mandatory prerequisites. However, we recommend that you first complete our Visual Design with Adobe Photoshop course, as it is a complementary programme that will give you a solid foundation in graphic design.
If you have a passion for digital technology, design and all aspects of print and digital publishing, this course would be ideal.
- All students should have access to a PC or laptop running a supported version of Windows (e.g Windows 10) or MacOS Mojave 10.14. Apple/Android devices are not supported and cannot be used for this course.
- A broadband connection is essential to stream video content.
- Please ensure that your computer can run the Adobe Creative Cloud software. The new iPad version is also not supported.
You will need an Adobe Creative Cloud licence — a licence is provided for the duration of the course.
After completing this course you will have an Adobe-certified qualification and a portfolio of work — a distinct advantage if you are seeking junior roles in graphic design, publishing or digital marketing. We recommend that you continue to build your portfolio after finishing the course, to demonstrate a dynamic and intuitive work ethic to potential employers.
Once you have a background in publishing and design, you may be inspired to pursue other complementary fields, such as graphic design, UI/UX design, advertising and social media marketing.
We offer the following recommended courses at eCollege:
- Graphic Design and Illustration using Adobe Illustrator
- Visual Communication using Adobe Photoshop
- Certified Digital Marketing Professional
Is this course for you?
Find out how to apply by tapping the button below.
Please note you can only be enrolled on one eCollege course at any one time.
Course Code: NC 08464