This intermediate online course provides a global industry standard accreditation in Java, the world’s most widely used general-purpose computer programming language. Java is a cross-platform, high-level language, which is free for developers to download and use.
The course, certified by Oracle, will give you a comprehensive understanding of the core features of the Java Programming language, including data types; operators and strings; decision and looping statements; object-oriented programming concepts and exception handling.
Java is one of the world’s most dynamic programming languages. Its English-like syntax makes it relatively easy to learn, and a Java program can run on almost any platform.
And with a solid background in Java proficiency, you’ll have easily transferable skills if you choose to learn related languages such as C and C++.
Practice exercises and quizzes
A certification exam voucher
For privacy reasons Vimeo needs your permission to be loaded.I Accept
Prerequisites & Requirements
Any one of the following courses is a mandatory prerequisite (equivalent training accepted):
- Java Foundations Certified Junior Associate (Exam 1Z0-811) (available on eCollege)
- Bachelors/Masters degree in Software Engineering / Computer Science
- PGDip in Software Engineering / Computer Science (from a university or Irish IT)
- Microsoft Exam 70-483 Programming in C#
- C++ Certified Professional Programmer (Exam CPP from C++ Institute)
- Oracle / Sun Certified Associate in Java (SE 5/6)
If you do not have one of the above or if there is any doubt about your level, then you will be asked to complete the Java Foundations Junior Associate course first.
If you have already built a solid foundation in Java but you’d like to unlock further programming potential, this course is for you.
- All students should have access to a PC or laptop running a supported version of Windows (e.g Windows 10). Apple/Android devices are not supported and cannot be used for this course.
- A broadband connection is essential to stream video content.
You only require a web browser to view the content and access web platforms.
After earning your Java SE 8 Programmer I certificate, you will have an advantage when applying for various web, app and software development roles. You will also be more suited to roles in Enterprise Java Bean programming, testing, web development, software development and many other related fields.
An industry standard Java certification is a solid foundation for further academic development in the field. If you complete this course, we recommend the following eCollege programmes:
- Java Professional Developer
- Software Development Fundamentals
- Database Fundamentals
- Software Testing- Certified Tester Foundation Level
- Introduction to Programming Using HTML and CSS
Course Code: NC 09599
Is this course for you?
There are multiple ways to apply for this course, please check out the different options below.
At the moment, Solas has made eCollege courses available to the public. You can apply for the course using the button below.
If you are currently unemployed, you will find the contact details for your local Intreo office by using the button below. An Intreo officer will be able to guide you through your application.
Skills To Advance aims to equip employees with the skills to progress in their current job, or to take advantage of new job opportunities.