Microsoft Word is one of the most widely recognised computer programs in history, with over 1.2 billion current users worldwide. However, Word’s ubiquity means its deeper functionality is often overlooked. This online course will help you to progress beyond the simple tasks of typing and saving documents, and unlock Word’s editing and graphical functionality. A command of the industry standard graphical word processor is the most fundamental technical proficiency demanded of office workers worldwide.
You will learn to use the principle Word features to:
- Create and manage documents
- Format text, paragraphs and sections
- Create tables and lists
- Create and manage references
Insert and format graphical elements
Practice exercises and quizzes
A certification exam voucher
For privacy reasons Vimeo needs your permission to be loaded.I Accept
Prerequisites & Requirements
We recommend the following course:
- International Computer Driving Licence (ICDL); European Computer Driving Licence (ICDL)
If you have an interest in writing professional documents and harnessing the advanced functionality of the world’s most useful word processor, this course is for you.
- All students should have access to a PC or laptop running a supported version of Windows (e.g Windows 10).
- Mac operating system devices can not be used for this course.
- Apple/Android devices (Smart Phone/Tablets) are not supported and cannot be used for this course.
- A broadband connection is essential to stream video content.
You require a web browser to view course content and access web platforms. Microsoft Word requires an Office 365 licence, provided for the duration of the course.
You will earn an official Microsoft Office Specialist certification upon completion, which demonstrates a proficiency in Word beyond basic word processing tasks. This accreditation will be an asset when applying for virtually any modern office job.
All other Microsoft Office 365 programs seamlessly integrate with Word, so it’s possible to incrementally build on your expertise by studying the whole suite of applications. The following recommended courses are also provided by eCollege:
- Microsoft Word Expert
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Excel Expert
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Access
Is this course for you?
Find out how to apply by tapping the button below.
Please note you can only be enrolled on one eCollege course at any one time.
Course Code: NC 09733 (v2016)