This online course will give you a robust knowledge and grounding in PRINCE2®, the world’s most popular project management methodology. You will earn an internationally recognised PRINCE2® Foundation certificate when you successfully complete the course.
PRINCE2® (PRojects IN Controlled Environments) is a dynamic project management framework that can be adapted to any type of project in any industry. It is a structured project management method that divides projects into manageable and controllable stages.
This course will teach you the concepts and skills needed to join and be a valuable asset to a project management team using the PRINCE2 methodology. The Foundation certification is also a prerequisite for the Practitioner certification.
On completion you will be able to:
- Describe the purpose and major content of all roles, the seven principles, the seven themes and the seven processes
- State which management products are input to, and output from the seven processes
- State the main purpose, and key contents of, the major management products
- State the relationships between processes, deliverables, roles and the management dimensions of a project.
Please see our blog here for more information.
Unsure if you should complete the PRINCE2 or the Certified Associate in Project Management qualification? Please see our blog here for a comparison of them both.
PRINCE2® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
Practice exercises and quizzes
A certification exam voucher
Prerequisites & Requirements
No mandatory requirements, although we do recommend all students have an interest in project management.
If you have a strong interest in business, streamlining processes and delivering winning, efficiently managed projects, this course is for you.
- All students should have access to a PC or laptop running a supported version of Windows (e.g Windows 10) or macOS (e.g Mojave 10.14).
- A broadband connection is essential to stream video content.
You only require a web browser to view the content and access web platforms.
This certification will display a highly transferable set of project management skills to potential and current employers. PRINCE2® is the most recognised project management accreditation in the world.
The course is aimed at:
- Project managers and aspiring project managers
- Key staff involved in the design, development and delivery of projects including:
- Project board members (e.g. senior responsible owners)
- Team managers (e.g. product delivery managers)
- Project assurance (e.g. business change analysts)
- Project support (e.g. project and programme office personnel)
- Operational line managers/staff.
After earning your PRINCE2® Foundation certificate, you can continue with further specialised training such as the PRINCE2® Practitioner Certification (currently not provided by eCollege).
Is this course for you?
Find out how to apply by tapping the button below.
Please note you can only be enrolled on one eCollege course at any one time.
Course Code: NC 09941