This online course provides training for entry-level software testers, and is officially accredited by the International Software Testing Qualifications Board. Software testing is an essential step in the development process, aimed at eliminating errors and defects and ensuring a reliable, quality product.
After completing this foundation course, you will understand the concept of software testing and its importance in software development. You will learn software development lifecycle models, static testing benefits, test techniques, test management, and tool supports for testing.
Practice exercises and quizzes
A certification exam voucher
For privacy reasons Vimeo needs your permission to be loaded.I Accept
Prerequisites & Requirements
As this is a technically complex course, all prospective students must have a background in programming. Any one of the following qualifications is accepted as a prerequisite, with equivalent experience also considered:
- Oracle Java Foundations Junior Associate (provided by eCollege)
- Programming using Python
- Software Development Fundamentals (provided by eCollege)
- QQI Level 5 Major Award in Software Development or higher (which includes any relevant PLC course, degree or postgraduate)
If you already have a background in programming but would like to specialise further in the software testing field, this course is for you.
- All students should have access to a PC or laptop running a supported version of Windows (e.g Windows 10). Apple/Android devices are not supported and cannot be used for this course.
- A broadband connection is essential to stream video content.
You only require a web browser to view the content and access web platforms.
After earning your industry standard ISTQB qualification, you will be a valuable asset to any software company. This course will open up opportunities for roles such as software analyst, software architect, software developer, user experience designer, IT manager and software test engineer.
This course will teach you many transferable academic skills, and if you’d like to further specialise, eCollege provides the following recommended courses:
- Java Programming:
- Java Foundations Junior Associate
- Java SE 8 Programmer I
- Java SE 8 Programmer II
- Software Development Fundamentals
- Database Fundamentals
- Networking Fundamentals
Is this course for you?
Find out how to apply by tapping the button below.
Please note you can only be enrolled on one eCollege course at any one time.
Course Code: NC 09408