This programme is free for job-seekers. Sign up at your local Department of Social Protection or Intreo office. (Click here to find your local office.)
Please quote course code: N40
This online training course will provide you will skills, knowledge and competence in project management. You will be able to initiate, plan, execute, monitor, control and close a project using the 10 processes of project management – integration, scope, time, cost, quality, human resources, communications, risk, procurement and project stakeholder management.
The course consists of 13 modules:
- Project management essentials
- Project integration management
- Project scope management
- Project schedule management
- Project cost management
- Project quality management
- Project human resource management
- Project communications management
- Project risk management
- Project procurement management
- Project stakeholder management
- Code of ethics and professional conduct
- CAPM Test Preparation
If you successfully complete this course, you will receive a certified associate in project management (CAPM) certificate from the Project Management Institute (PMI).
During the course, you will receive:
- All course content
- Practice exercises and quizzes
- A practice exam
- A certification exam voucher (repeat exam(s) if applicable are not included – job-seekers can repeat the exam once without charge)
The test centres may charge an administration fee. This cost is not covered in the course price – job-seekers do not have to pay this fee.
Certification details: CAPM awarded by the PMI
Certificate retirement date: No date set
Recommended duration: 32 weeks
Cost: €800 (free for job-seekers)
Fee paying information: Click here
Prerequisites: Secondary degree (high school diploma, associate’s degree or the global equivalent) 1,500 hours of project experience OR 23 hours of project management education completed by the time you sit for the exam.
- Teacher: Ronnie Doyle
This course is free for job-seekers. Sign up at your local Department of Social Protection or Intreo office (click here to find your local office) or use the link below to purchase this course now.
Please quote course code: NC09941
The aim of this online training course is:
- to provide the learner with skills, knowledge and competence in PPRINCE2®
- to enable the learner to achieve the PRINCE2® Foundation Certificate following successful completion of this course.
The PRINCE2 Foundation Examination
The Foundation examination is the first of the two PRINCE2® examinations you are required to pass to become a PRINCE2® Practitioner. This level aims to measure your suitability to act as an informed member of a project management team using the PRINCE2® method within a project environment supporting PRINCE2®.
This certification is aimed at:
- project managers
- aspiring project managers
- key staff involved in the design, development and delivery of projects including:
- project board members (e.g. senior responsible owners)
- team managers (e.g. product delivery managers)
- project assurance (e.g. business change analysts)
- project support (e.g. project and programme office personnel)
- operational line managers/staff.
To satisfy the examination requirements, potential students will need to show they understand the principles and terminology of the method. Specifically, candidates must be able to:
- describe the purpose and major content of all roles, the seven principles, the seven themes and the seven processes
- differentiate between which management products are input to, and output from the seven processes
- explain the main purpose and key contents of the major management products
- state the relationships between processes, deliverables, roles and the management dimensions of a project.
Exam: PRINCE2® Foundation Examination
Certification Retirement Date: No date set.
Recommended Duration: 16 weeks.
Students should have some understanding of Project Management but there is no formal prerequisite for the Foundation qualification.
Course cost: €657.00 (free for job-seekers)
Fee-paying information: Click here